These instructions assume you have already ordered a clarifY DNA analysis for Big Y data. [read more]
- Log in at my.familytreedna.com .
- Click on the "Big Y results" button at the bottom of the "Welcome to myFTDNA" screen.
- Click on the "Download Raw Data" button at the top of the "Big Y results" table. Save the .zip file to your computer. Please do not alter the .zip file, but do ensure it has a non-zero file size. If the "Download Raw Data" option is not available, try again tomorrow.
- Go to https://www.clarifydna.com/kits (logging in, if prompted). Click on the CL### link in the first column. (If there are multiple entries, click on the one corresponding to your latest order.)
- There are tabs on the side of this form: "Kit Details", "BigY Data", "Ancestral information", etc. Click on the "BigY Data" tab.
- You should now see "Browse" and "Upload" buttons. Click on Browse, and select the .zip file from step (3).
- Click Upload. You should see a progress bar showing upload progress.
- Once the upload is complete, click on Save at the bottom of the page.
- You will be queued for analysis.
Turnaround times are at the moment usually less than 24 hours. Weekend orders may get processed in a single Sunday evening batch.